This blog will chronicle my journey surviving ovarian cancer

Friday, January 05, 2007

Friends...

I am sorry I have left you all hanging. I want so much to share with you the wonderful experiences (and funny!) of Yapla. For those of you who are mothers, the heart felt love of being with my son was spiritual and one of my best experiences. However I just am having a hard time getting my mind organized and strong.

And then...
Today Friday I went for my first chemo treatment at Kaiser. Everything was going well with the anti nausea medication and then they started the chemo (Taxol and carboplation)and I had a strong reaction. Frightening experience. They had warned be that once in a while it happens. A feeling of nasuea and pain in my stomach that I have NEVER experienced. It felt like my throat air way was cutoff, I couldnt breath. They put oxygen on me. After 2 mins (felt like 15) things cleared out.
They sent me home and I slept. I will go back next friday for another type of chemo.
My friend Michelle will be with me ( Carl/Barry is at a trade show)

My CA125 is now 297. In a 2 week period it has gone from 110 to 149 to 297. This is NOT good. The tumor must be stopped from growing.
More to come when I can.
Love Suzanne, I have not lost faith. I am still a cancer survivor.

1 Comments:

  • Just now I read all your blogs from August through today. I heard strength, love, fear, caution, trust, drive, fatigue, honesty constancy - just some of the qualities reflected by your writings.

    We were lucky enough to share a cup of tea at Jack London Square one day chatting and that day your vitality and joy was present.

    It still is in all that you have written about this journey, a hero's tale, the tale of a cancer survivor.
    Love to you,
    Mary Jane Jones

    By Blogger maryjanejones, at 10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home