This blog will chronicle my journey surviving ovarian cancer

Friday, November 17, 2006

Last journey with Dr Rossman

This time we took a trip inside my body to see if it was healing ( I know,I know,seems weird). As I navigated down looking at my heart, upper and lower intestines, reviewing the incision, everything looked good, clean, very healthy. There was one spot on my lower left side where it looked like it had been stiched and it puckered. Possibly it was where they cut 3 to 4 inches to remove cancer from out of my colon .

The guides,were my mom and dad, talking about forgiveness. My parents didnt have a warm and fuzzy relationship. My mom would make my dad wrong, or he just couldnt do it right and my dad avoided by working alot. Example: At 50 my dad starting cleaning his life up got involved with AA . My mom would say "well he use to drink with "those people" in the bar. Now he is in meeting rooms with "those people". She also kept track of the steps he was working on, and he just didnt work the steps correctly. My dad did spend alot of time at AA, where he was accepted for who he was, maybe that was his way of avoiding my mom.

They came to me and both of them said they were wrong and had forgiven each other. They told me that forgiveness is the next step in my development recovering from cancer. As a human I need to work on forgiveness, not for others, but for me. They said it is like a stepping stone walking path, take one step at a time. Also that I am not able to see 6 stones ahead (which, me being the planner, I want to). I can only see the stepping stone I need to work on. One step at a time. I need to complete the forgiveness process. ( I really would like to play leap frog and jump over this process)
I have made my "list" of people I need to forgive and each day I think of others to add to it. My name is at the top. I need to forgive myself for all the wrong decisions and hurtful things I have said. I need to forgive people who have hurt me and on and on.
I was thinking, so HOW do I do this? First, Dr Rossman suggested the book "Forgive for Good". I have started it (its a small paper back) and it is easy reading. The other way for me to forgive is to write each person a letter. A letter that in most cases will not be mailed. The letter to me will probably be pages long. Ever notice how hard we are on ourselves? Or at least I am...ah the strive for perfection.
This is an ongoing project and a KEY to my recovery.

Sorry friends it has taken me so long to post. It just seems that with streching, juicing, preparing raw food, exercise, research reading, naps, meditation and Dr appointments ( last count 7 doctors), well my days fly by. Many days are just the normal schedule and nothing new to report.

I do have more to tell you and will try to get it together soon. Its about my appointment at "The Pine Street Clinic" in San Anselmo. Really informative. Last month or so on the news I heard about dogs who could smell peoples breath and tell if they had cancer. This would be in the VERY early stages before it could be detected by western medicine. These dogs are at the clinic. Michael Brossman said that they respond differntly for various forms of cancer. The dog would sniff and then lay down, or put up a paw etc. The dogs reaction would demonstrate what type of cancer was there. They are not ALWAYS correct, but wouldnt that be helpful in heading off the cancer? YES!
More to come...Love, Suzanne a cancer survivor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home