This blog will chronicle my journey surviving ovarian cancer

Monday, November 27, 2006

News...BIG BIG News

Today I saw Dr Craig Gyory M.D., Orthopedic Surgeon at Kaiser. I was refered By Dr Ewing after he reviewed my recent bone scan. Dr Gyory looked at my scan and did a physical exanimation. He says I am a prime candidate for hip replacement...why did I wait so long? Well, I never knew that was what was wrong with my leg/hip/back. Doctors just kept saying yep you have degeneration and it will probably get worse. No one ever suggested a hip replacement. Those of you who have seen me ,notice how I limp and the pain I have been in. I am in pain ALL THE TIME. It goes from level 5 to 10, some days are better than others for no particlar reason. He is very busy and wont be able to do the surgery for 3 or so months, sooner if there is a cancelation. He says I will be very happy once I heal and am able to walk freely without the 4 prong cane. I guess July06 to July07 is about healing. I pray and look forward for "my life" to be back in order.

I also had a follow up with Dr Ewing. He felt "everything" and said it felt good, no bumps or lumps. We had a heart to heart conversation and he said in time my stress will ease away and confirmned that my cancer is terminal...its only a matter of time.
(and I thought, oh yeah? Watch me)

Funny as I sat in the nurses office waiting for her to weigh me ( I hate that, their scales always say I weight more than my home scale) it seemed like years since I sat there ( it has been 4 months). I looked at the bulliton board and read all the flyers, info on overian cancer, where to buy wigs, support groups ec. I remember how eager I was to read all of it, find out about all of it. And now in 4 months I have experienced all of it. Wig stores, support groups, books and reports on overian cancer, mixed mullerian tumors, clinical trials, chemotherapy, radiation. I really dont give myself credit for the miles of education I have gained.

While being in the hospital again is not something I look forward to, I do feel as if there is a light at the end of the tunnel regarding my hip/leg.back pain.

Today really took all my energy,,,AND ONWARD and UPWARD to my health !
Love, Suzanne, a cancer survivor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home