This blog will chronicle my journey surviving ovarian cancer

Thursday, December 14, 2006

NEWS FLASH "Girls life wrecked by dead hair"

Just kidding...but lets talk abut this. We women know that if our hair is wrecked, everything else changes. No matter what dress, or what makeup you put on YUCK! You look in the mirror and say "who is that person?" Ever had a bad perm? Zap, you are not the "you" that you know. Ever had a bad hair dye, same thing, Ever had a bad hair cut-yep same thing. Yes, we women all know that hair grows out and "this too shall pass" but come on....It makes us cry. We are very attached to our hair and the image we want to present. When you see a woman with a very dated hair do ( which will probably come back in a few years). You know, like when we backcombed out hair WAY out there and sprayed it solid so it wouldnt move in a wind storm. Oh yes, exactly how I had my hair for my senior ball and senior picture (ha ha). Well the point is , that woman who in 2006 continues to wear that dated hairdo, she is attached to that image, most likely because that was a time in her life when she felt beautiful,HOT,her "best days in the sun".
My point is...we think we are our hair! or we think we are our "image"
When we are so much more that that. Our hair and image is only our superficial packaging. Our hearts are the gift from God we need to share.




Sorry, think I got off on a tanget . Really what I wanted to tell you, friends, was that I said along time back that when my hair started falling out from chemo that I would shave my head. Well, my hair only fell out a little bit week by week. Thru this process I always had "hair" that looked OK...UNTILL NOW, whats left in DEAD. I see that I have some new hair coming in and I have little by little cut some of the stringing ends off. Right now my hair is NOT presentable and I do have a 3 in long patch on my crown and that hair is brittle and just plain dead ( but I need that dead patch). and YES you can see my scalp every where big time!I have enough
growing that I dont want to shave my head and I dont plan on any chemo presently. I plan on my hair growing.
People say what do you do with your day? Sometime I wonder? it takes me at least 2 hours or more to get dressed-ready. I just cannot move at the speed I once had. I cant think at the speed I once had. I can not multi task as I did. It is really one thing at a time. So, mushing my hair around to make it look like "something" takes a while.
Eureka! Last week a found a fake hair piece in a drawer, this has been a life savor. I am able to backcomb (yes, those past skills pay off!) the hell outta my hair( this is why I need that dead patch)
, pin it up, push it around ,spray spray spray,pin the piece on and walla I have "a look"
Also, I am missing some eyelash's(OK , you know whats next!)Yep, I saw a program on TV about how to put on eyelashes. Ok,course I ran out and bought those baby's!
Superficial maybe, part of feeling good is looking good. It makes me feel much better and much stroner and much healthier to look good.

I think I am starting to get my "groove" back..YEAH !!!!

Thanks to all of you who have kept up with my blog. if I dont write , its because I feel I have nothing new to say.
Love, and Happy Holidays, Suzanne a cancer survivor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home