This blog will chronicle my journey surviving ovarian cancer

Monday, January 15, 2007

Chemo recovery

Last thursday I went in for my 2cd try at Chemo. This time they would try a "sister" to the other chemo. No way...did not work. Same reaction. Only this time they let me rest and gave me another chemo "Gemzar" which my body did allow. After 24 hours I got a fever and hurt, bones hurt, feels like the flu. That lasted for 24 hours all together, so not bad. I stayed at Joe and Debs house. I will go back again this thursday for another treatment. At least I know what to expect.

Carl/Barry and I have been planning a trip to Florida for a Navy reunion for more than a year. So now I am trying to figure out how I can get my treatments and still go. It may be possible to get a treatment here, go to Florida, do the reunion and then go to Kaiser in Georgia. I will be working on that this week.
My iron is very low and they are giving me a bag of iron at each chemo. This type of low is not the type that can be fixed with the good ole iron pill. Now I know why I have felt unusually weak and cold really cold. Yes, even thou it has been cold weather here, I have had to really bundle up with long underwear, and knit caps.

My hair is really short and flat to my head, but it all may be bald in 2 weeks or so. If that happens then I will hit the tanning booth. What I see about bald women is that they loose their hair and their head stays white. It does not have the skin tone the rest of the body does. So I will tan that head and shine it up!
I am STILL in this fight and am STILL researching any cancer cure method that comes my way.
One thing I have learned about Cancer cures, is that everyone who has cancer whants one. So there are plenty of fakers out there with beautiful webs sites and heart felt testimonals. Many times it hard to know whats real and whats not. And maybe a few people have been healed/cured from that method because there are people who are sent home to die, who change nothing about their life and still live.
With love, Suzanne a cancer survivor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home