This blog will chronicle my journey surviving ovarian cancer

Friday, October 06, 2006

WHY am I like this???

I am wanting to see Dr Stritter the advocate who will help me find the right doctor and right system to help me with a plan. You send all your info and a $300 check, they call you and set an appointment. They called thursday and told me Nov 15 is the first date available. I am bummned out-I WANT IT NOW !!! I am not good a waiting. And especially about some thing like this. I mean really, this is MY LIFE it's not like waiting for a massage or a facial. Geez's this makes me tense and I am suppose to RELAX. The office says I can be on a wait list, OK I will do that. But really, by the time you are wanting a person like this to help you... who would cancel? No one. Thats how I feel, after all this time of doctor snafu's who would cancel? I had no hopes. OR I could get an accelerated appointment, done after hours at a cost of $900. I must say I thought about it , and Barry brought me back to reality. We or should I say he has spent so much cash money so far on this learning journey.The office confirmned that it is very unusual for someone to cancel. So, I will wait.

And then at 4;40pm today the office called and some one cancelled. My appointment is Oct 11 at 4pm. I am sooooo happy.

So why am I like this? Why couldnt I have said, ok thats when the appointment is and let it go. Why cant I let it stay in Gods hands?
I'll tell you why...because I am a race horse and have been most of my life. Many things would not have happened for me if I hadnt hustled, or thought ,thought and thought about HOW to make it happen.
This is something I need to work on. No matter how I thought about this, it would not have given me an earlier date.
I guess I am STILL a nut case and will need to continue to work on "let go and let God.
Stay tuned.
With love, Suzanne a cancer survivor.

3 Comments:

  • test

    By Blogger Suzanne, at 4:27 PM  

  • Hi, Suzanne:

    Dr. Stritter here. First of all, I want to congratulate you on the low CA 125 counts and the success you are having with your well-considered approach to the carcinosarcoma.

    Secondly, I would like to clarify an important issue regarding my policies for new patient appointments. Back in early October, at the time that you posted this on your blog, I had many potential patients who really wanted to arrange their appointment as soon as possible. Since my schedule was booked up for almost 2 months, and I would not cancel a pre-existing appointment, I decided to try offering an expedited appointment on my personal time to those who really wanted it. By personal time, I mean time I had scheduled to spend with my family or on my own personal well-being. Because I value that time and did not want people booking it lightly, I decided to charge a significant amount more for those appointments--triple the usual fee of $300.

    This policy was met with quite mixed reactions from inquirers. Some really appreciated the opportunity to be scheduled earlier while others felt that I was taking advantage of them at a time when they were emotionally vulnerable.

    After a couple of weeks and much thought, I decided to stop offering personal time appointments. Because you did post your experience with the personal time appointment offer, I felt I should clarify for all those who would be interested in such an expedited appointment that I regretfully no longer offer them.

    As always, you have my very best wishes,

    Gwen Stritter, MD

    By Blogger Gwen Stritter, MD, at 10:01 PM  

  • You should not stop been who you always have been , like you said that attitude help you on getting things done, so why stop now. I wish I had the same attitude.
    buy propecia online

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home