This blog will chronicle my journey surviving ovarian cancer

Monday, October 02, 2006

Ohhhhh, I had the time of my life!

Sat Sept 30, my sons, daughters in law, Barry/Carl and close friends threw a suprise 60th birthday party...And what a party it was! 120 friends and family.

ME the one that nothing gets by. ME the one who has an intuitive gut...never had a clue. Now I know my family and friends CAN keep a secret.

It was held at a rustic winery in Livermore with a huge barn. There was BBQ chicken, pork, ceaser salad...plenty of wine and beer and oh, the beautiful cakes.
Did I mention 2 bands? Yes, me a dancing queen was dancing all night along with all the other dancing queens in the barn. Some how this hurt hip that does not allow me to walk far and has an obvious limp lets me dance myself silly!

THANK YOU to all of you who came and made this such a joyous occasion.

My friend Jolene was a sneaky shil along with Barry/Carl in getting me there. Jolene has recently moved to Colorado and was here to visit friends and she came to my house for a visit sat afternoon. She says there is this brand new BBQ resturant in Livermore and my friend Tom and I are going to take you and Barry/Carl tonight. When Barry/Carl got home, he said Yeah, I LOVE BBQ lets go. Jolene says everyone dresses in cowboy hats and I know you have cowboy boots.
A way we go, Jolene driving with me, Barry/Carl in the back seat, we will meet Tom there.
As we drove in the country roads of Livermore, I thought--this resturant will never make it, way too far out to draw a crowd. We couldnt fnd the address and drove up off the road to ask at the nearest country house " Where was this BBQ place"". As we went up the driveway to the house I saw a dog and a large man standing in front of his house. I thought , he's going to tell us to get OFF his property.
Then Jolene says, "oh thats Tom". We make the easy curve to the right in the driveway and here are people tons of people. I say out loud-"I know some of these people...What, these are my friends???!!! WHAT is going on here???? Some one pulls the door open and they are saying Happy Birthday !!! I am in shock, really good shock, and I am crying.
So many off you worked your fanny off to make this a success. The event was seamless. When it was time to dance-tables cleared, folded and dissapeared. It was like that all night.

Everyone should have a suprise birthady party-EVERYONE. It is an overwelming feeling of happiness and love. I saw friends I have not seen for years and years.

Sunday a brunch at Joe and Deb's house with Rod, Lara and Jake ( all the way from Texas), family, Barry/Carl. Michelle and Jolene. Another great day!
Love Suzanne, a cancer survivor

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home