This blog will chronicle my journey surviving ovarian cancer

Friday, September 15, 2006

I STILL HAVE MY HAIR...!!!

After 5 days I still do have my hair, although it is pretty thin. I am presentable and no wig needed YET.

I am feeling tired, yet OK. My attitude is upbeat, happy and positive.

I will be off chemo for 2 weeks to let my body heal and get stronger for the next rounds, starting Oct 2. I will be able to get a good nights sleep tonight.

Sat AM Barry and I will go to Incline to recuperate, nothing like the smell of pine trees, lying around and looking at beautiful Lake Tahoe.

Dr Rubin looked into the clinical trial that my friend Michelle found. He talked to Vicki, the person on charge of the sarcoma treatment center. She says next step is to get my blood work done, CT scan, and schedule an appointment with them in Santa Monica-WHOA!!! That means in the next 2 weeks. I need to see them before my 3rd round of chemo.
Dr Rubin says that the CT scan may show us that what we are doing is working (don't fix it if it's not broken I say). So what I am going to do is set the appointment up. Get all the paper work, copy of test, etc in order- BE READY. If the CT scan shows I am improving I can make my decision. I may not need this clinical trial (maybe my mind is STRONGER than I thought-yipee!)
Dr Rubin has seen alot of folks with cancer and he says "you look really good physically, you are clear, bright eyed and I think this chemo is working".

I have been reading about the natural health side of being healthy. It appears that all of us can improve from juicing (my kids say, mom you bought another juicer?-yes I have tried it a few times) Barry and I both have have juicers and use it some times. We also wig out at the set up/clean up. I can see that the force of all the nutrients for so many fruits and vegtables are necessary.

Also I have a friend who sells this neat product to boost your body up. She just went through breast cancer chemo (survivor). The doctor told my friend she has never seen anyone come thru sooo strong and will tell her patients about these products. They are by a company named Oasis. I take metagreens first thing in the AM, then Ageless Essentials (super food) Ageless (energy) and Aloe Gold (dietary supplement) I AM ON IT as they say ( I only take these when off chemo, directed by Dr Rubin) If you are interested about these just e-mail me and I will put you in touch with "my connection". Please dont send me info about all the products you know about, I appreciate what you have to say, however I have researched and this is how I am going.
Friday the 22cd I will go to my looooong time hairdresser (20 years maybe?) and have her trim and shape my wig. Only you guys will know it is a wig! (if I can keep it on my head). It is so right onto my haircolor.

Condo is looking good, they took a few pieces of furniture out to open it up-looks better for showing. Open house Sunday, real estate folks took a look on Thursday and Friday. I hope we get an offer. We priced it low, below others in the complex to sell fast. If it does sell...I will get a company to put a big storage box out front and pack it in. They can put it in a storage center and I will stay with Barry, Joe and Deb and maybe a few of you until we find a place in Walnut Creek.
Things seem to be moving FAST, however I am relaxed and not stressed-cannot afford to have any of that.See a virtual tour and pictures of my condo @ www.BayhillTeam.com
Address if needed 4353 Brannigan Street, Dublin Ca 94568

Thank you Kate, Rita, Michelle, and Deb for leaving a message on my blog, it makes me know people are reading it. Love, Suzanne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home