This blog will chronicle my journey surviving ovarian cancer

Thursday, October 26, 2006

W A Y...out there
Tonight I am reporting to you a VERY unigue experience. I can only tell you how I felt and what I saw (in my mind) happen. It is as clear as could be. Even for me who can be a litte crazy out there as they say...this was W A Y out there.

Some of you will read this and say "wow". Some of you will say she has lost it. Some of you will say it is nonsense. It is OK what ever your response is.

Today I had my appointment with Dr Martin Rossman, the doctor who was to help me with my fear. Even thou I feel as if I am doing the right thing regarding my treatment, there are times that my mind takes over and says "but what if your wrong". Dr Sritter (the advocate)suggested I see Dr Rossman for help with my fear.

Dr Rossman would lead me into an "ineractive visualization".
We started by getting me relaxed. I had my eyes shut and he directed me to focus on different parts of my body. My mind did not want to stop talking or relax. I remember thinking " I'm not that relaxed". Then he asked me to go to my private place. This is a place that maybe I had been to before, or a place that I had created in my mind. It is a peaceful and safe place. That was fairly easy because I had created this place a few months back when I started meditating with Bernie Siegel.At that point my mind clicked in. Was I hypnotized, was I in a trance?

As soon as I was there, content and relaxed...my father appeared ( I know, I know ,it was hard for me to accept-freaky). I knew he was there before Dr Rossman asked me to do anything else.
I told Dr Rossman " my father is here". At this point I am crying and almost speechless ( yes, me speechless). Dr Rossman asked me to describe him. He asked me how was my dad acting. Well, my dad (and I am SURE it was his spirit) was very tender, compassionate, caring. Not how I remember him. Dont get me wrong, my dad was a great guy. He was the bread winner, the salesman, but not the nurturer, that was my moms role.
I asked why he was so different and he said that many things have happened to him and he is here to help me with my healing. He is here to help me, guide me, and I felt he had such knowledge and gentleness. He said I needed to calm down and not worry. I was on the right track with my healing and in good hands. He also said that he has been and will be sending people to help me. I need to take one step at a time. I told him," but I am a planner and I like to know the step AND the next step".
He said it takes time to set things up sometimes and I need to be patient. He also said that this healing experience is going to lead me to another part of my life.

It is hard to tell you every little detail. I can tell you I am drained-really drained by the experience. It was overwelmning, emotional, exciting. I felt like I was in a daze, or in shock when I left. In closing he told me that he was here and with me most of my days. That I can talk to him and get confidence of my healing, he wont let me down.
I love my dad and miss him. It was a shocking and overwelmning experience( I think I said that a bunch of times now!) It was NOT at all what I had expected.

My next appointment is Tuesday. I am excited and nervous as to what might happen on that day.
Love, Suzanne , a cancer survivor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home