This blog will chronicle my journey surviving ovarian cancer

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Saturday
I did get to sleep some last night, with the help of sleeping pills. Only woke up few times. I am drinking so much water that I do have many bathroom stops!
Part of a side effect of this strong chemo drug is that you can damage your kidneys. I must drink plenty of water. I keep a sports bottle full, so I am constantly reminded to drink. Water tastes funny, kinda flat. Well, everything I put in my mouth has had a change. The only sensation I have is texture. I taste no sour, no sweet, so why eat? Just a habit I guess. I also need to keep my body healthy.
I got up at 7am feeling REALLY GOOD. I juiced carrots and apples -I was able to taste come carrot. Around 10 am I felt a drop, I am tired.
Barry dropped me off at Joe and Deb's and I was ready for a nap.
My side effects at this point seen to be:
  • Cant talk much, very hoarse throat
  • Tired
  • Brain is on slow gear-cant seem to get words wanted out of my mouth to make sense!

The meditation DVD's are very powerful. As many of you know I have done many mind awarness courses that were very helpfull.

These DVD's take a person on a mind journey that is so intimate ,positive and peaceful. At the end of each program, it leaves me feeling so peaceful and hopeful. In some cases it also points out issues in my life that need attention. I guess the work is never done!

I DO feel very HOPEFUL. I see what attention and energy it is taking for me to recover and build myself up...A LOT!

Again, thank you to all of you who understand my need to be quiet (reclusive?) with myself. I am in a different state of mind (most of you know me as vivacious and friendly). I do need this time to heal. It pleases me to be able to tell ALL OF YOU how I am doing, without having to deal with the one to one-back and forth conversations. Love, Suzanne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home