This blog will chronicle my journey surviving ovarian cancer

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Encouraging news

Today wedesday, was one of my best days so far. I got a 9am massage at home and it started my day on a good note. Here it is almost 6pm and I have not had a nap, or felt as if I needed one. Believe me, I will take each day as it comes, however it is great to be able to experience this!

How come I can describe what things taste like when I have never experienced it? Most food taste like a cardboard cracker with motor oil poured on it. How many of you have tasted motor oil. Somehow that is what it seems like-ugh!. Today for the first time in a while I have some taste buds. I could taste some of the ceaser salad, chicken pasta and wine. It is so encouraging to know that for a few days I can eat llike a "normal" person.

More news
Tuesday Pleasanton's support group took me to a wonderful location. Valley Care Hospital has a library devoted to books on Cancer-thousands of books. And better yet a RN oncologist who runs it. We spoke for 10 mins and set up a time on Thursday to meet. I will bring all my medications, pathology report, written dictation of surgery and program of chemo treatment.
This nurse is a communicator and will be able to explain what my cancer IS, what happened in sugery, what the chemo is, what treatment trials may be available for my unique cancer. This is truley ...UTOPIA !!!.
I wont have time pressure talking with her ( with doctors I am very aware the next patient is waiting). She will be a partner in getting ME educated, so I can make the right decisions for myself. I am learning BIG TIME-you have to manage your own care. In managing your care you NEED the information. I am really happy about finding her.
Love, Suzanne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home